This week we are combining our love of Chocolate and our delightful Central Otago Riesling. Something a little different, but if you have a little wine left in the bottle, this is a great way to use it up. And if you have a sweet tooth like me, you will purposely save a little next time your crack open a bottle! These make great Christmas gifts too!
Riesling and Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1/4 cup Bald Hills Riesling
- 230g Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Cocoa Powder
- In a small pan, reduce the Riesling over medium low heat by half.
- Add the chocolate and cream, and reduce heat to low.
- Stir constantly, careful not to overheat.
- When chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from heat and set aside until mixture reaches room temperature.
- Using a teaspoon or small spring loaded scoop, portion out chocolate and roll into small balls, a bit larger than a cherry.
- Coat in cocoa powder by rolling truffle in powder.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate until you have a nice batch of truffles. Keep stored in air tight container in the fridge.
You can also chop walnuts, dried fruit or coconut and roll some of your glorious truffles in these for a few different choices.