Boxing Day Frittata
Spinach, eggs and ham – always a delicious combination! You can change this recipe and add any fresh veggies that take your fancy – great for the boxing day left overs!
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 300g bag of fresh spinach
- 200g thinly sliced, cooked ham or turkey ham, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatos
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and chopped ham.
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium.
- Add baby spinach; cook until wilted.
- Stir in egg mixture and cook until edge sets, 1 minute.
- Transfer pan to oven.
- Cook frittata until centre is set, approx. 15 minutes. Serve and eat!
Wine Pairing – Bald Hills Pinot Gris 2010
All about apples, peaches and pears – the perfect fruits to complement this dish.