I simply couldn’t wait to post this but thought I would test it out with a Facebook post first! You liked it so here it is! Simply one of my favourite all time Spring desserts!
Central Otago Pinot Noir and Raspberry Sorbet
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup orange
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- ½ cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup Bald Hills 3ACRES Pinot Noir 2012
- ½ cup sugar – replace with Lucuma for a healthy alternative
- ½ cup of water
- 1¼ cup Cointreau
- Rinse and cut all of your fruit in small pieces.
- Boil water and sugar/lucuma in a small saucepan.
- Turn heat down to low so it is just a simmer and a the Pinot Noir and fruit and cook over low heat for three minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the Cointreau, stirring until well mixed through.
- Add the zest.
- Transfer into a large bowl, cover and let steep overnight or for a few hours (4 minimum).
- Using a hand held blender or a regular blender pulse until fruit has a puree consistency.
- Use a fine mesh sieve to pour and push mixture through into a separate bowl. This will catch all seeds and pulp for a nice smooth texture.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the machine’s sorbet instruction.
Wine Pairing – Bald Hills 3 Acres Pinot Noir 2012
Following the popularity of last weeks Pinot Pear dessert, we thought we would try another dessert with this wine. It is oozing rich blackberry tones at the moment, so is the perfect match to the citrus orange in this sorbet. It really gets your mouth watering!